Photo caption: Pierce Damrow and Haley Lauenstein
10. We each made a New Years Resolution on how we can do better at school.
9. We can buy things at our class grocery store. We are learning to add 2-digit numbers.
8. In science we know that matter takes up space and has mass.
7. We also learned that matter can be solid, liquid or gas.
6. Martin Luther King Jr. was a peace maker, he made a big difference in our country.
5. Ruby Bridges was a brave six year old (like us) and she made a difference in our country.
4. Our author this month is Jan Brett, one of our favorite stories she wrote is The Mitten.
3. We celebrated our 101St day in 1st Grade.
2. We have a student teacher. Her name is Miss Bornemeier.
And the Number 1 great thing about First Grade so far in 2014 is:
That we are all better readers, writers, spellers and mathematicians now than we were in 2013!!!!!